If you need a professional proofreader then you’re in the right place.
You might be a student, business or publisher – you will find out if we’re a good match by reading my ‘What I do’ page.
Here’s why I am qualified to check that your writing is error-free:
Courses & Qualifications
You are getting professionalism from these trusted and respected SfEP training courses (most recent first):
- September 2019: SfEP 2019 Annual Conference in Birmingham (3rd) Certificate Conference 2019
- May 2019: SfEP North East Mini Conference in Newcastle Certificate SfEPNEConf
- November 2018: Educational Publishing Development Day EducPub CPD Certificate
- September 2018: SfEP 2018 Annual Conference in Lancaster (2nd) Certificate Conference 2018
- February 2018: ‘Getting work with non-publishers’ workshop Certificate GWWNP Feb18
- October 2017: ‘References’ Course (online) Certificate References Course
- September 2017: SfEP 2017 Annual Conference in Bedford (1st) Certificate Conference 2017
- May 2017: ‘Proofreading Progress’ Course (online) Certificate Proofreading Progress (P2)
In the beginning
A former classroom teacher, I started my freelance proofreading business in January 2017. I began as an Entry Level Member of the Society of Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) in January 2016. Then I upgraded in February 2018 by training and gaining experience as a proofreader.
Qualities of my proofreading service
I registered in February 2018 as an Intermediate Member, so you are guaranteed:
- integrity – you are offered fair Terms & Conditions, within the SfEP Code of Conduct;
- consistency – writing style is analysed for all aspects of inconsistency;
- quality – a high standard of efficient error-checking.
A bit about me
I graduated in the late 80s with a B.Ed degree in Primary Education, having grown up in Paisley, near Glasgow. Hence the Scottish name for my blog – have you had a read yet?
On graduation, I ventured ‘South of the Border’ – eek – to begin teaching. I have taught in Essex, for longer than I care to remember. Now I apply my marking and marketing skills to freelancing. With MUCH enthusiasm.
If you are a fellow editor, I post a monthly blog called #TallTartanTells about my experiences. Read my weekly tips about my experiences on LinkedIn by following #TallTartanTips.
Another part of my job portfolio is tutoring Primary School children on a 1-1 basis. Some habits are hard to break … See my profile at Tutorful Agency for 1-1 tuition. I also need little people in my life as I live with two strapping sons and an artistic husband, all over 6 feet tall. Stroking the cats helps too.