FAQ: Why do I need a professional to check the text?
A former classroom teacher, who started my freelance proofreading business in January 2017, I started as an Entry Level Member of the Society of Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) in January 2016. I upgraded in February 2018 by training and gaining experience as a proofreader.
Courses & Qualifications
You are getting professionalism from the trusted and respected training courses I have done with the SfEP (most recent first):
- November 2018: Educational Publishing Development Day EducPub CPD Certificate
- February 2018: ‘Getting work with non-publishers’ workshop Certificate GWWNP Feb18
- October 2017: ‘References’ Course (online) Certificate References Course
- May 2017: ‘Proofreading Progress’ Course (online) Certificate Proofreading Progress (P2)
Now registered as an Intermediate Member, with my proofreading services, you are guaranteed:
- consistency – writing style is analysed for all aspects of inconsistency;
- quality – a high standard of error-checking;
- enthusiasm – keen, willing and able to offer a quick turnaround if required;
- integrity – you are offered fair Terms & Conditions, within the SfEP Code of Conduct.
A bit about me. I graduated in the late 80s with a B.Ed degree in Primary Education, having grown up in Paisley, near Glasgow. On graduation, I ventured ‘South of the Border’ – eek – to begin teaching. Teaching in Essex, for longer than I care to remember, I have been applying my marking and marketing skills to freelancing. With MUCH enthusiasm.
As a fun extra, I tutor Primary School children on a 1-1 basis. Some habits are hard to break. Well, it gets me away from the laptop. See my profile at Tutorful Agency for 1-1 tuition.
With two strapping sons and an artistic husband, all over 6′ tall, I also need little people in my life. Stroking the cats helps too.