Note: During the Coronavirus lockdown period from March 2020, I have transferred tuition lessons online using Zoom. See my virtual classroom below 🙂
One part of my portfolio is providing primary tuition to school children on a 1-1 basis.
In my previous classroom career of 30 years, I taught at the following schools, most recent first:
- Bocking Church Street Primary School, Braintree, Essex (10 years, from 2005–2015)
- Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School, Great Dunmow, Essex (11 years, 1994–2005)
- I did supply teaching in various schools in Essex and Ayrshire from 1991–1993
- I was Literacy Co-ordinator at Rodings Primary School, Leaden Roding, Essex. (1989–1991)
- My first teaching job was at Woodgrange Infants School, Forest Gate, Newham, East London (1987–1989).
Nowadays, I tutor children aged 7 – 11, on a 1-1 basis, who need a boost in self-esteem in Maths and English, including reading, spelling, punctuation, grammar, handwriting, and composition. I give children confidence when covering Year 6 SATs.
Here are my some of my 5 ⭐ reviews as a tutor. I am proud of the success I promote in children’s learning.
- Annie has been great with our son and he really enjoys his session as well as having the opportunity to focus on depth on area he needs the most support. Thank you Annie. (Nick) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Annie has been tutoring our daughter for about a month and I can already see a big difference in her math skills. She really enjoys and looks forward to the lessons and we find Annie’s progress reports extremely useful. We will definitely recommend her. (Athena) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Annie is a fun, calm, creative and experienced tutor who immediately put my son at ease. He looks forward to her lessons and loves her ideas and games. We would definitely recommend her. (Diana)⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
In addition, I have written a few blog posts about teaching and tuition. And have discovered other education bloggers who I recommend. See my blog page.
I have a current DBS with The Tutors’ Association.