I proofread writing at sentence level by checking for errors and inconsistencies in punctuation, spelling, grammar, context and sense. I improve the appearance of writing.
My SfEP proofreading training (see About how I can help you) taught me to use BSI Symbols and PDF tools; to check writing both on screen using track changes in Word and commenting in Adobe Reader; as well as on hard copy.
All you have to do is…
- Contact me to make initial enquiries and discuss your requirements, sending me a small sample (minimum of 1,000 words) from the middle of the document to give me an idea of the subject and quality of the writing.
- I give a no-obligation quote for the job depending on the level of intervention.
- The document will be proofread, within a given time frame, with clear corrections, any queries, and an invoice sent.
- Payment of the invoice will be by bank transfer.
Code of Practice: I follow the Code of Practice of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP), Ensuring Editorial Excellence, available here.
Samples: These ‘Before’ and ‘After’ examples of a 1,000 word sample will give an idea of the value I can add as a proofreader.
- The Register of Proofreaders at the University of Essex, Wivenhoe, Colchester. See guidelines here. http://www.essex.ac.uk/proofreading/
- Tutorful Agency as a Primary School Tutor for 1-1 tuition.
“I am really grateful for your patience in me getting this over to you. And your speed in being able to get this back to me so quickly. Thank you again for everything!” Tricia, Children’s Educational Psychology Doctorate modules, 14,000 words, Manchester University.